Exercise program: building balance and strength
This week I went to get another opinion because I did not believe the program I had was challenging enough or specific enough to my particular problems:
- Muscle atrophy
- Lack of balance and proprioception
So, here is my current program, targeted to both of the above goals, specifically targeting glutes, hamstrings quads and VMO.
My strength and balance program
- Kneeling hip abduction: 10 x 3 sets
- Resisted IRG (knee straightens 10 x 3 sets
- Bridge with resisted hip abduction 10 x 3 sets
- Hip hitch 10 x 3 sets
- Step downs 10 x 3 sets
- bilateral heel raises 10 x 3 sets
- Bridge with calf raise 10 x 3 sets
- single leg balance 30 sec x 3 reps
- Bosu Squats 10 x 3 sets
I have recorded a video demo (below) of all the exercises in the above list.