I have said it more than once, the corrections we make BEFORE the knee replacement in order to be able to keep functioning and managing the pain take far longer to re-correct that you might think.
One of these is the left leg bias that I have developed. It is how I managed to keep performing lunges, squats and thus how I kept working right up until the day I went in for surgery.
This very thing is taking me a long time to fix.
So I started with simple squats. Well, I thought it was simple! Nope! So now I take my phone and a tripod to the gym and video everything that I do. This has uncovered lots of things I did not even realise.
Last week I noticed that instead of squatting, I was bending forward far more than I should. Not only that, but I was twisting my weight differently on one leg, and leaning a lot more to the left.
So, I have been working on trying to fix all this, which will take a while. Here is today’s video version of a squat. I still only have 25kg weight in total on the bar, however I do think there are improvements. Surprised how hard it is proving to be!